BULGARIAN LANGUAGE AND CULTURE
SOUTH-WEST UNIVERSITY NEOFIT RILSKI, BLAGOEVGRAD
(1st July – 15th July 2019)
If you are a foreign lecturer, student, translator, or anyone above 18 years of age with a keen interest in Bulgarian culture, it is our pleasure to invite you to our Summer Seminar: Bulgarian Language and Culture organized by South-West University Neofit Rilski with the support of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Bulgaria.
The seminar aims at promoting Bulgarian Studies internationally by teaching Bulgarian language, literature, art, traditions and culture as the main components of our nationality.
The summer seminar is divided into three modules:
– A course in Bulgarian;
– A series of lectures in the field of the humanities;
– Trips to places of historical, cultural, and tourist interest in the Southwest of Bulgaria, and visits to museums, libraries, etc.
We offer the excellent opportunity:
– To study Bulgarian with expert lecturers;
– To get acquainted with some curious facts about the history of the Bulgarian language, the peculiarities of its dialects, and other topical issues;
– To immerse yourself in the traditional Bulgarian culture outside of class;
– To get the taste of what it is like to live and study in Blagoevgrad – the biggest university center in South West Bulgaria.
– To visit some landmarks, sacred places, and cultural monuments within the framework of the planned trips to:[i]
- The Rila Monastery – the biggest monastery on the Balkan Peninsula;
- The ‘Tsari Mali Grad’ fortress near the town of Samokov;
- The hottest geyser in Europe (103 degrees) situated in the town of Sapareva Banya (at about 45 km from Blagoevgrad);
- Sofia – a walk around the capital of Bulgaria and a visit to its landmarks;
- The memorial temple of the prophet Vanga in the village of Rupite;
- Melnik – the smallest town in Bulgaria;
- The Rozhen Monastery, close to the town of Melnik.
PRICES AND DATES
Atwo-week summer seminar: 1st – 15th July 2019
Price: 400 EUR, which includes:
The price does NOT include:
- Transportation to and from Blagoevgrad or any travel expenditures within the town for the period of the seminar;
- Medical insurance;
- Entrance fees for the tourist and cultural objects, theater, cinema, or any cultural event.
- Any additional trips, activities, and services.
Participants must pay in advance 50% of the registration fee BEFORE 1st March 2019.[ii] The deadline for the rest of the fee is 31st May 2019. Payments must be made through a bank transfer. You will find the bank account details in the Registration Form.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com
[i] The organizers retain the right to make changes in the announced schedule.
[ii] The deposit is NOT refundable.
Pictures – Summer Seminar in Blagoevgrad 2018